Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Still at Prairie Cairn Cottage North

Little Black Brindle and I were supposed to head back to Prairie Cairn Cottage last Friday but as frequently happens in business, schedules got changed which pushed our trip back by a week.  Darn, I'm forced to endure more of my working vacation!  Lucky for me, our chick caretakers agreed to another week of duties. 

In between working, we've been able to play tourist.  We've been shopping (and buying) in downtown Williston, toured the historic fur trading post financed by John Jacob Astor, walked across the Fairview Lift Bridge and the only tunnel in North Dakota, drove through parts of Theodore Roosevelt National Park and the Little Missouri National Grasslands.  Tomorrow or Thursday I hope to catch a bit of the county fair and see some of the exhibits.

There are a lot of things to see and do in this part of the country.  I hope I'll be able to squeeze a few more sight seeing trips in before we head back to the original Prairie Cairn Cottage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment