Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fair Time

We went to the Richland County Fair tonight.  What a fun little outing.  We got to see 4H horses, cows, poultry and swine.  They were showing the rabbits so we stopped and watched a couple of the entrants.  The exhibits showed that there are some very talented young people in this county.  There were handmade quilts galore and aprons and dresses; jars of preserves, loaves of breads and fat round cookies; scrapbook pages and other paper art, pictures of friends, family, pets and wildlife. 

I love county fairs.  I always felt deprived because my family never went to fairs when I was young and when I finally could take myself as an adult, the county we lived in tore down the fairgrounds and didn't rebuild them for many years.  When they did finally rebuild they built a horse race track but never brought back the fair.

Do you have fair memories?  I'd love to hear how many of you have ribbons won at your local fair.   

No comments:

Post a Comment