When we got back from Prairie Cairn Cottage North, I got out some shop hop blocks I'd purchased years ago and put one together. After that was done, I contemplated working on another when I spied a quilt I had started a long time ago. I had taken a few classes back then and felt the confidence all new crafters experience so thought I would make my Ever So Handy Husband a quilt. I got the blocks put together and sewn into vertical rows. The first two rows I joined didn't go together as easily as I had anticipated and I got intimidated by the project. It naturally got pushed aside for something more in line with my experience.
Fast forward to the present, I couldn't remember how far I had gotten on this quilt or how bad it looked. I pulled it out and placed it on my bed; it didn't look as bad as I had thought.
I have much more experience now than I did back then and have made two bed size quilts (sorry for the out of focus picture).
I've decided to go ahead and finish my old UFO. I hope to get it done before the end of the month or at least by the end of September. It's an odd size so I'm adding some extra borders to it to make it fit one of the beds at Prairie Cairn Cottage. Stay tuned for updates.