Friday, May 18, 2012

Bread Making


I got this recipe from another blogger here.  This is seriously a yummy loaf of bread.  Everything you want in a bread, tall, good flavor and texture and it makes great sandwiches.  The best part?  It has got to be the easiest bread I've ever made (not that I've made that many loaves but you understand).  Her recipe tells you to mix the remaining flour by hand but I just keep adding it to my KitchenAid mixer.  It's a very moist batter and rather sticky when you put it in the loaf pan but it bakes up perfect.  I questioned whether I needed to let it rise again after putting it in the loaf pan but nope, you pop it in the oven as is.  It does the rest of the rising while it bakes. 

If you haven't made bread before or if it's been awhile, give this recipe a try.  I think you'll be as pleased as I am.  And thank you Alicia for sharing the recipe!

Ann's No-Knead Bread
Combine and set aside:
2 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 T. salt (I use Kosher salt)
4 1/2 teaspoons (2 pkgs.) active dry yeast
Heat until warm:
1 c. water
1 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
Have on hand:
1 egg
2 to 2 1/2 c. flour
Butter
Mix egg with the liquids, then stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Blend at lowest speed on mixer, then blend on medium for 3 minutes. By hand stir in another 2 to 2 1/2 c. flour. Cover, let rise 50 minutes until light and doubled in size. Stir down. Spoon into greased  6" x 9" loaf pan. (If your pan has short sides you might want to split it up and put it in two smaller pans; it rises quite a bit. I think my pan is actually 5" x 8".) Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes. Brush top with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment