Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

I had a birthday this weekend.  I am a lucky girl in that my ever so handy husband made me a homemade spaghetti dinner just like he did the first birthday I had when we were dating.  Just like then, this was delicious! 

To go with my homemade spaghetti, I decided to make my own birthday cake.  My favorite cake is a yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  This was the result, not very pretty, but oh so tasty!

I got to do whatever I wanted the whole weekend.  So we played in the garden both days.  This is my ever so handy husband digging me a trench for more asparagus.  He tried digging one by hand but with our hard prairie soil he soon abandoned that trench when he thought of an easier way to dig!  
Even the chicks got to go outside and enjoy the warmth this weekend.  This is their first time in their outdoor pen.  At first frightened, they soon got the hang of it and had a good time investigating and scratching in the dirt.

All in all, a wonderful birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment