Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Rest In Peace Golda

Sad news today at Prairie Cairn Cottage.  I went out to the coop this afternoon and found my dear sweet Golda dead.  No indications of fowl play (yes, a horrible pun).  The last I saw her she was happy and healthy and eating her favorite meal worm treats.  She brought a lot of joy to my life and I will miss this dear chick.  She was the one that molted early, she was the one the others picked on and I had to doctor her up a few times.  She was also the one who would bow down and let me pet her and would come up to see what I was doing when I was working near her.  She enjoyed being able to free range in the backyard and was always a happy girl.   

I will miss you Golda.  Thank you for the happiness you brought and the eggs you gave us.    


No comments:

Post a Comment